The reason for a slim body is not just to look good – although feeling proud of how we look is important for a good self-image. But even more importantly, overweight and bad eating habits are associated with major health problems such as hypertension, diabetes mellitus and coronary heart disease. The Weigh-Less Lifestyle Eating Plan offers people (over the age of nine) the chance to lose weight the healthy way, and will suit anyone who is able to follow a basic eating plan of everyday foods.
Weigh-Less will suit just about everyone. In fact, Weigh-Less has a variety of formulae to cater for people with different needs, like: the person who is active in sports, the pregnant woman, the breastfeeding mother or the vegetarian.
If you suffer from any medical condition, we recommend that you check with your doctor whether the Weigh-Less Lifestyle Eating Plan is suitable for you.
WE WILL REQUIRE A DOCTOR’S CERTIFICATE WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF JOINING WEIGH-LESS IF YOU:
- are pregnant
- are taking any long term medication (eg. high blood pressure, hormones, anti-depressants, thyroid tablets, etc.)
- suffer from any health problems (other than those listed above)
- require a fruit free diet
- are aged between 9 and 16 years
CONDITIONS FOR WHICH SPECIALISED DIETARY TREATMENT IS RECOMMENDED
There are a number of conditions where a special diet forms an important part of the medical treatment, and we recommend that a registered dietician should be consulted. These conditions are:
- Coronary heart disease
- High blood fat levels (eg. high blood cholesterol)
- Any chronic disease of the gastro-intestinal tract
- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder or pancreas
- Diabetes Mellitus (sugar diabetes) – on tablets or not on medication
- Reactive hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Food allergies
- Any other relevant disease or disorder requiring dietary modifications
However, should your doctor be of the opinion that the Weigh-Less Lifestyle Eating Plan is suitable, we can enrol you, provided that you bring a medical certificate prior to joining.
If you are following a prescribed diet from your doctor or dietician, it is possible to join Weigh-Less for the support and motivation offered by the club – which will help you whilst losing weight.
CONDITIONS REQUIRING PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT NOT PROVIDED BY WEIGH-LESS:
Weigh-Less, unfortunately, does not cater for conditions that require professional treatment and ongoing monitoring. We recommend you see your doctor for referrals to a registered dietician for:
- Any disease of the kidney
- Insulin dependant diabetes (injections)
- Anorexia or bulimia nervosa
- Children under the age of 9