Blueberry and Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cup Self-raising Flour
- 1/4 cup Cake Flour
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Overripe Banana
- 125 ml Low-fat Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200 g Blueberries
- Lightly coat a loaf tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Sift both flours into a large mixing bowl along with the sugar. In a second bowl, combine the banana, milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla essence, and mix well.
- Add the banana mixture and blueberries to the flours mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture and mix until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake at 180°C for 50 minutes, or until a skewer or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before turning onto a wire cooling rack.
Tasy tip: Replace the blueberries with strawberries, gooseberries or even chopped apples.