Baby Marrow Crostini
Whipped Feta, Corn and Baby Marrow Crostini
- 1 Baguette
- 30 ml Weigh-Less Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 210 g Feta cheese
- 60 g Medium fat Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Basil chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 ear Corn
- 1 Baby Marrow cut into 1 – 1 ½ cm inch thick pieces
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- Slice the baguette into 1 cm thick pieces.
- Use 2 tbsp of the Olive Oilto brush each side of the slices, then bake at 400⁰ F ( 204⁰ C ), for 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly toasted.
- In a food processor, whip room temperature feta and cream cheese until smooth, just a minute or two. Add the chopped basil and 1 clove of minced garlic and mix until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the other 2 tbsp of olive oil with 1 clove of minced garlic. Brush onto the corn and planks of baby marrow.
- On either a grill, a grill pan, or a sauté pan, cook the corn and baby marrow over high heat until cooked through and slightly charred, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Chop the baby marrow into small pieces and cut the corn from the cob, trying to keep the corn as intact chunks if possible.
- Spread a bit of whipped feta onto each slice of baguette, then top with a sprinkle of corn and a piece of baby marrow.
- Drizzle with a squeeze of lemon juice, lightly sprinkle with red pepper, and garnish with chopped basil.