Crab 'n Rice
Poached Trout with Herbs
- 400 g Rainbow Trout
- Salt & Pepper
- 60 ml Parsley chopped
- 10 ml Dried Thyme
- 2 Lemons sliced
- 30 ml White wine
- Wash and clean the trout, but don’t remove the head. Place in a large, deep frying pan. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley, thyme and lemon.
- Pour in the wine and enough water to cover the fish.
- Bring to simmering point and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Once the trout is cooked, lift out and place on an absorbents kitchen towel for a few minutes.
- Serve with a bed of rice from daily allowance.