Crab 'n Rice
- 280 g Mackerel steaks cut into squares
- 100 g Pickling Onions
- 100 g Cocktail Tomatoes
- 100 g Button Mushrooms
- 1 Green Pepper cut into cubes
- 50 ml White wine
- 60 ml Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Thread pieces of fish onto skewers, alternating with the onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and green peppers.
- Place the prepared skewers in a large shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the skewers and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to high. Remove the skewers from the marinade and place them under the grill. Cook for about 12 – 15 minutes, basting the kebabs occasionally with marinade turning them frequently or until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve the kebabs immediately on a warm serving dish with rice from daily allowance.
Tip: Sprinkle the mushrooms with lemon juice to preserve the light colour.