- 1 tin Weigh-Less pineapple rings
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Weigh-Less spoon for spoon sugar replacement
- 1 cup skim milk
- 40g melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 whole eggs
- 10ml vegetable oil
- Pat the pineapple dry with paper towel.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Stir in the coconut and sugar.
- Whisk together the milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and eggs and pour into the flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease with 1/8 of the oil.
- Pour 60ml of the batter into the pan and top with one slice of pineapple, cook for two minutes and flip.
- Cook the second side for two minutes, repeat with remaining batter and pineapple rings.
- Serve with lite ice-cream, custard or syrup from your daily serves.
If you don’t have tinned pineapples don’t despair! Most tinned fruit work well with this versatile recipe, try apples, blueberries or even litchi.