Preparation: 30 min
cooking: 60 min
1 muffin = 1 complex carbohydrate + 1/2 fat + 1/4 fruit
- 240g whole-wheat flour
- 30ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 210g mashed bananas
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml milk
- 2ml (1/2 tsp) cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 5ml (1 tsp) mixed spice
- 2 sweetener
- Beat the egg with the milk and set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add the oil, milk, and sweetener. Mix to combine. Fold banana into mixture.
- Lightly grease a muffin tray. Spoon the muffin mixture into the tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until the muffins have risen.
- Insert a skewer into the centre of a muffin, if it comes out clean then the muffins are cooked.